[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: gosa+samba3.schema and slapd.d-configuration-conversion [solved]

Thanks Howard!

It was indeed just a problem with the +-character in the filename of the schema. As soon as i replaced it with a _ everything worked like a charm.



Howard Chu schrieb:
Christoph Spielmann wrote:
Christoph Spielmann<cspielma@gup.jku.at>  writes:

Hi everybody!


/usr/lib/openldap/slapd -u ldap -g ldap -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf -F

No output on command-line but as i checked the contents of
/etc/openldap/slapd.d/cn=config i remarked that almost everything was
missing except the include-ldifs. Next i checked the slapd-logfile and
this is what has happened:

cn=config creates entries named after the name of the schema file. But it can't create an entry with a name "gosa+samba3" because '+' is a reserved character in a DN.


So the gosa+samba3.schema seems to make automatic conversion hickup
somehow. After commenting out the include-line for this schema,
conversion was successful, so something most be wrong with this
schema. I tried to figure out what could be wrong with this schema
myself, but i have no clue where i should start to look. At the moment
the slave-server is running without the gosa-things included (we don't
use them yet but sooner or later we'll include gosa) and it's working
perfectly. But as i need to get gosa working too, i need to know
what's wrong with the schema. I'll attach the schema to this email,
hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction.