Re: rpath in 2.4.8

Ron Peterson wrote:
2008-02-26_11:17:11-0500 Ron Peterson<rpeterso@MtHolyoke.edu>:

I was able to do this in 2.4.7, but I cannot accomplish the same in
2.4.8.

I'm still a little bit intellectually curious about the difference, but I'm going to forgo using rpath for now. As far as I can tell, openldap binaries themselves don't use the openldap shared libraries, so it's really only other apps I need to worry about anyway..

Right, by default the binaries are statically linked to the libraries. If you build slapd with dynamic module support though, it typically works better to link slapd dynamically as well. (configure --enable-dynamic --enable-modules)

--
  -- Howard Chu