Re: slapd: warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.allow: Too many open files

--On February 12, 2008 6:54:07 PM +0200 Buchan Milne <bgmilne@staff.telkomsa.net> wrote:

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 18:25:39 Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On February 12, 2008 3:25:46 PM +0200 Amir Saad <eng__amir@hotmail.com>

wrote:
> I'm running OpenLDAP 2.3.30-5 on Debian 4. I checked the syslog and I
> found the following errors:
> slapd: warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.allow: Too many open files
> slapd: warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.deny: Too many open files

Fix the number of file handles available.

Or ensure that clients aren't abusing connections, and eating up the available file descriptors. For example, one thing to do is to ensure that clients run nscd (so each client creates only one connection to the server).

Honestly I'm shocked to see nscd recommended given all the nightmares it causes people...

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer