Re: Upgrade to 2.3.40 -> failed index

--On February 4, 2008 5:30:29 PM -0800 "Paul B. Henson" <henson@acm.org> wrote:

Reviewing the backup/restore procedure, I don't really see anything I
might have missed. slapd was not running during the copy, so clearly any
updates were suspended. In fact, slapd had never been run -- the copy was
made immediately after the initial slapadd. There were actually no log
files present. As I mentioned, I have bdb configured to automatically
remove them. Presumably slapadd explicitly/implicitly check pointed upon
completion and they were removed. Even if there was a log file that I
didn't see, the log files were stored in the same directory as the
database files, and I copied the entire directory.

slapadd always creates at least one log file that would not be removed by automatic removal. If you had no log files when you were done, then something was done wrong.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer