Re: Invalid syntax on ldapadd

Thanks,  that was the problem.  Is there any easy way to find out which objectClass goes with which schema, other then just reading all the schemas?

Thanks,
Vinh

Christian Marg <marg@rz.tu-clausthal.de>

01/29/2008 05:32 PM

Vinh CTR Hoang/ACT/CNTR/FAA@FAA
cc
openldap-software@openldap.org
Subject
Re: Invalid syntax  on ldapadd

Hello,

Vinh.CTR.Hoang@faa.gov wrote:
> Ok, I found the right ldapadd to use, but now i'm getting
>    Invalid syntax (21)
>               additional info: objectClass: value#0 invalid per syntax

So something isn't right with the Value#0 of the objectClass: attribute.
Check if there are any "unusual" characters around "account" - if not,
check if you have included "cosine.schema" into your configuration: It
defines "account" as an object class.

If "cosine.schema" isn't loaded, your LDAP server probably doesn't know
about an objectClass: account and rejects it as "invalid syntax".

bye
Christian
--
Christian Marg                    mail  : mailto:marg@rz.tu-clausthal.de