[Date Prev][Date Next]
Required changes in 2.4.7 regarding ACLs when using authz-regexp?
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Required changes in 2.4.7 regarding ACLs when using authz-regexp?
- From: Michael Ströder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:00:50 +0100
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20071128 SeaMonkey/1.1.7
I tried to migrate an existing server from 2.3.39 to 2.4.7 (or also CVS
RE24). I'm making use of authz-regexp to map user entries when they do a
SASL Bind with DIGEST-MD5. Also some ACLs are in effect. This together
used to work on 2.3.x with the existing ACLs.
With 2.4.7 this worked no longer. The user wasn't found. In the ACL
debug log I've noticed that access to the search root database entry
(suffix) is requested. When I explicitly grant auth access to this entry
it works. But why is that needed? Was this an intended change?