[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: write, then read delay with syncrepl/slapo-chain ?
- To: Peter Mogensen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: write, then read delay with syncrepl/slapo-chain ?
- From: Gavin Henry <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 17:00:45 +0000
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <476BDFBF.email@example.com>
- Organization: Suretec Systems Ltd.
- References: <476BDFBF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20071031)
Peter Mogensen wrote:
I haev a quick question which I haven't been able to find an answer to
in the docs:
I have a slapd master with a couple of slaves (syncrepl
refreshAndPersist). I can get updates to be diverted to the master with
the chain overlay, but as the FAQ says there'll be a small delay before
the changes are replicated back to the slaves.
Is there anyway to automatically direct subsequent reads of the changed
attributes to the master?
If you have access to the master why not just write to the master to
Else I guess I'll have to implement referral chasing logic in the client
so it doesn't try to read from the slave immediately after writing (and
getting a referral).
T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).