[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Overlay chain formatting
- To: Justin Lambert <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Overlay chain formatting
- From: Gavin Henry <ghenry@OpenLDAP.org>
- Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 16:55:16 +0000
- Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- In-reply-to: <20BBD256C2945D46822E970C0B5EFEA302ED037E@dhost002-32.dex002.intermedia.net>
- Organization: OpenLDAP Engineering Team
- References: <20BBD256C2945D46822E970C0B5EFEA302ED037E@dhost002-32.dex002.intermedia.net>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (X11/20071031)
Justin Lambert wrote:
I have spent the last week off and on trying to figure out why my chain
overlay was not working correctly. I tried all combinations of it that
I could find and finally found out that the parser of the slapd.conf
file is picky about spacing. I was trying to make my config file look
nice by indenting the options under "overlay chain" only to find after
many frustrating hours that you cannot do that! I didn't find anywhere
that that was explicitly documented (even though all of the examples
were not formatted that way). I finally caught it when I upgraded to
2.4.7 wondering if there was a bug and slaptest gave a very unhelpful
error, but it did help me narrow it down. Hopefully this will save
someone my same frustrations.
bindmethod="simple" binddn="binduser" credentials="secret" mode="self"
chain-idassert-bind bindmethod="simple" binddn="binduser"
This is also the example at:
OpenLDAP Engineering Team.
Community developed LDAP software.