Re: Overlay chain formatting

Justin Lambert wrote:
I have spent the last week off and on trying to figure out why my chain overlay was not working correctly. I tried all combinations of it that I could find and finally found out that the parser of the slapd.conf file is picky about spacing. I was trying to make my config file look nice by indenting the options under "overlay chain" only to find after many frustrating hours that you cannot do that! I didn't find anywhere that that was explicitly documented (even though all of the examples were not formatted that way).

Apparently you haven't read the slapd.conf(5) manpage:

      If  a  line begins with white space, it is considered a continuation of
      the previous line.  No physical line should be over 2000 bytes long.

--
  -- Howard Chu