Re: delta-syncrepl replica out of date

On 10/25/07 6:01 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Thursday, October 25, 2007 11:05 AM -0400 Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

For my config, for the master accesslog DB portion, I have:

checkpoint <size> <time>

configured.

I do not have the:

syncprov-checkpoint

configured.

You don't? Does your accesslog DB keep it's contextCSN updated while the server runs or does it only update the contextCSN when you start slapd?

For both database definitions, I would move your limits portion up so that the overlay XYZ bits are the very last things to be listed, as is advised with all 2.3 releases.

Ok... perhaps that little tidbit could be made more prominent (instead of being a note in the last sentence of the overlay statement description in the slapd.conf man page). To be honest, I have been reading the slapo-XYZ man pages, not looking at the slapd.conf man page for the overlay settings. I had not noticed that note before going back to check just before sending this message.

On your replica, I would relocate the updateref bit before the overlay statement. Overlay statements should always be the last part of a database definition in 2.3.

I have made the changes you suggested and I will let it run overnight and see if the changes that were made to the master between the time of the slapcat at 7pm on the 21st and 10am this morning will get syncrepl'd over to the replica or not.

Thanks for the guidance on the slapd.conf file.