RE: Openldap upgrade/migration

--On Tuesday, October 23, 2007 2:06 PM +1000 Ravi Rajasekharuni <ravi.rajasekharuni@au.issworld.com> wrote:

Thanks Quanah for a quick reply.

The old LINUX 6.2 server running openldap 1.2 is not operational, but
all the old files (/etc/openldap, /usr/share/openldap (database) are
available on a new LINUX server running Red hat Enterprise Linux 4. How
can I export openldap data from old files sitting on this new Linux
server.? I believe the slapcat command is only recognizes openldap 2.x
databases.

Is there any other way of exporting data from old openldap 1.2 version
data files using a latest version of openldap tools.

Nope. You need to have 1.2 running to export it with the 1.2 tools. At least, that's my assumption, having never seen 1.2 running. :P

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer