Re: multi valued otherMailbox

Dieter Kluenter wrote:

> I know there are no matching rules, but still the attribute type is
> not declared single value, or are matching rules a requirement for
> multi values?

They are a requirement for adding new values where there already exist
some, because if there's no equality rule, no duplicate check can take
place.  So you need to delete;add (i.e. replace) instead of just add.
This way, the client commits to making sure no duplicates are present in
the set of values that are added, and the server trusts the client and
does not try to check for duplicates.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team