Re: Truncate log and __db files?

--On Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:50 PM -0400 Mark Haney <mhaney@ercbroadband.org> wrote:

I have an openldap server that has a log.000001 file that is ~10MB in
size and several __db.00# files that vary in size from 20KB or so to
300MB in size.  My ldap DB only has 30 users in it or so and a restart
of the ldap service takes a half hour or more.  How do
maintain/truncate/reduce the sizes of these files?

I suggest you read up on what those fils are. ;)

At a guess, you haven't properly configured slapd.conf for checkpoints, etc. And you fail to note what version of OpenLDAP you are using, or what database backends, although I'm guessing back-bdb or back-hdb, and if so, you haven't noted what version of BDB you are using, either.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer