Re: Automatic referral chasing

Jim Schultz wrote:

I will add this content to the OpenLdap software faq in order to contribute
at least a little bit to the documentation.

The above sounds basically correct. Perhaps you could coordinate with Gavin in contributing it directly into the admin guide. This topic belongs to both replication and chaining, so I'd leave him any editing choice. I'd just add that you may want to add

chain-return-error TRUE

in fact, by default, if chaining fails, the original referral is returned to the client, under the assumption that the client might want to try different measures to reach its goal. With this statement, if chaining fails at the provider's side, the actual error is returned to the client.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.