Re: chaining question

Howard Chu skrev, on 05-09-2007 13:22:

chase-referrals is specific to SLAPD-LDAP and isn't documented in SLAPO-CHAIN.

Any valid directives for the ldap database may be used; see slapd-ldap(5) for details.

Why do we need to specifically document it further than that?

Ok, looked it up and read it (again?). I suppose I can imagine a reason for first setting it to false, then to true. Stamping on it to teach it who's the boss, as it were ...

I can only assume I'm one of the few people in the world who needs real-world chaining and has it - and subscribes to this ML.

Most people need it, but most people who use LDAP (as opposed to X.500) don't realize how they need it...

Thanks for the pointer :)

Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl