Re: chaining question

Tony Earnshaw wrote:
chase-referrals is specific to SLAPD-LDAP and isn't documented in SLAPO-CHAIN.

slapo-chain(5):
Any valid directives for the ldap database may be used; see slapd-ldap(5) for details.

Why do we need to specifically document it further than that?

I can only assume I'm one of the few people in the world who needs real-world chaining and has it - and subscribes to this ML.

Most people need it, but most people who use LDAP (as opposed to X.500) don't realize how they need it...
--
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com