Re: slapd loses meta backends

> Hi!
>
> After weeks of running  slapd 2.3.27 suddenly quits answering requests,
> instead it says "no such objects" - where are objects. After a restart
> all data is back again.
>
> Is this a known error (to heal by update - what I will do anyway)?

No, it's not (to me, at least).  Updating could be an option, since
connection caching and handling was significantly improved 'round 2.3.30
or something.  If the problem persists, you should provide logs of what is
actually done by slapd-meta(5) when it stops responding as expected.
Probably, any serious issue will be logged at "any" level, so there should
be no need to increase the log level.  If nothing relevant appears, you
should increase the log level (without stopping the server, of course; you
can do this either via back-config or back-monitor).  In any case, you can
also force connections to expire and refresh; see "conn-ttl" and
"idle-timeout" in slapd-meta(5).  They are complementary, so I suggest
using both.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team