Re: ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

On Wednesday 22 August 2007 15:28:11 Villem Alari wrote:
> When I write ldapdelete I get answer like that from my terminal:
> ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1) What should I do to connect
> to LDAP server?

If "ldapdelete" was your full command, most likely:
1)Your configuration files (e.g. /etc/openldap/ldap.conf, .ldaprc etc.) are
not configured
2)You should provide the hostname/IP of the LDAP server, or a URI on the
command line

Read the man page for ldapdelete, or if you want assistance, provide the full
command line you are using.

Regards,
Buchan