Re: 'simpleSecurityObject' requires attribute 'userPassword'

Hi,

Villem Alari <villem@ekool.ee> writes:

> Entry (cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com): object class 'simpleSecurityObject'
> requires attribute 'userPassword'
>
> slapadd: dn="cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com" (line=12): (65) object class
> 'simpleSecurityObject' requires attribute 'userPassword'
>

> Why does it say that 'simpleSecurityObject' requires attribute
> 'userPassword'. What password it means? I have done everything exactly as it
> is said here till the point where it says add the new content sudo slapadd -l
> init.ldif. After doing that this 'userPassword' appeared.

The object class simpleSecurityObject requires as a MUST rule the
attribute type userPassword, see core.schema.
The Ubuntu documentation is absolutely outdated as it describes
OpenLDAP-2.2. Don't trust *any* online documentation except for docs
provided by OpenLDAP.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung