Connection timeout

OpenLDAP 2.3.35

I know about the time limit on the search, but is there a user-specified
one on the connect?

I ask because when our primary LDAP server went down for maintenance, the
various applications took around 2-3 minutes before trying the secondary
server (accompanied by much wailing and gnashing of teeth).

I would've thought that the fail-over would have been practically
instantaneous (which it is if the server in question is also the client's
host); perhaps we have an errant packet filter in the way, but that's
beyond the scope of this list.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM VK2KFU  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (direct) +61 2 9552-5500 (switch)
Corinthian Eng'ng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU