Re: Access to Schema

Ron Parker wrote:
From the examples I've been able to locate and understand, I've tried the following:

access to dn="cn=subschema" by * read
access to dn.base="cn=Subschema" by * read
access to dn.subtree="cn=Subschema" by * read

but none appear to work. Apparently, I need another example of exactly what I'm trying to do, which I don't seem able to locate.

A snippet from my slapd.conf:

# Allow anyone to look at the Schema and SubSchema
access to dn.base="" by * read
access to dn.base="cn=Subschema" by * read

This works for us in terms of letting anyone look up the schemas (tested with 'gq' on a linux workstation, doing an anonymous bind.)

Gregory

--
Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade
Sr. Systems Administrator