Re: ldap_result takes time to indicate that there are no more result.

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Dmitri Priimak wrote:

How would I know that there are no more results coming?

assuming you know it.

I was thinking that you call ldap_result until it returns
NULL LDAPMessage.

why do you "think" when you can determine the actual behavior by reading the man page?

Is there some other way? May be the
last non-null LDAPMessage includes something to tell that
it is the last one?

Maybe yes, as indicated in the man page.

p.

I re-read the man page and it is clear to me now, even though it does not feel right.
What I mean is that if all = 0 and timeout = NULL then it does not seem possible to
now for sure if one retrieved all results of the search.

In any case, thanks for the help.

--
Dmitri Priimak