Re: Problem with connections: closed (connection lost)

El jue, 05-07-2007 a las 14:24 +0200, Hallvard B Furuseth escribiÃ:
> Angel L. Mateo writes:
> > 	Jul  5 09:44:33 canis4 slapd[28723]: conn=5087 fd=249 closed
> > (connection lost)
> OpenLDAP 2.2 just logged "closed", OpenLDAP 2.3 log lines also say why
> it was closed.
> If the client sends an Unbind request, slapd logs that.  Otherwise, if
> the client just exist without doing ldap_unbind() first, all slapd knows
> is that the connection disappeared for some reason.  It doesn't know
> why, all it can say is "connection lost".  It's valid for a client to do
> so, but a bit naughty because the server admin can't see if there is a
> problem or not.
> So - do you see lost connections in the mail server as well?  If so it's
> a network problem.  Otherwise not.  If it's a client which opens one
> LDAP connection, does something, and exits, it works fine (though please
> ask them to change it anyway).  However if the client reopens a new
> LDAP connection when it gets an LDAP error, without closing the old
> LDAP connection with ldap_unbind(), you've got a file descriptor leak
> and a memory leak in the client.
	I find it difficult to think is a client problem, because we are having
the problem with at least three different client software (postfix
2.3.8, courier-imap 3.0.8 and freeradius 1.1.3). The errors are
provocating that users are being not found in the clients, and I know
that with our previous ldap versions there isn't any problem because we
don't have "user not found" errors in the clients.

Angel L. Mateo MartÃnez
SecciÃn de TelemÃtica
Ãrea de TecnologÃas de la InformaciÃn       _o)
y las Comunicaciones Aplicadas (ATICA)      / \\
http://www.um.es/atica                    _(___V
Tfo: 968367590
Fax: 968398337