Re: Problem with chain overlay crashing consumer slapd

http://www.openldap.org/its/

--Quanah

--On June 18, 2007 3:09:59 PM -0700 Simon Gao <gao@schrodinger.com> wrote:

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Simon Gao wrote:

Hi,

I am having a problem with changing password against consumer server.
However, the problem would be gone if the loglevel is set to "1" or "-1"
on the consumer server. If loglevel is set to other value, slapd would
crash upon last communication during password changing process. Such
problem does not appear on provider, on which I can set loglevel to any
value without issue.

Please file an its along the lines of <http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/59.html>.

Where do I file an ITS?

I found if I run slapd manually as front process, then I can set "-d" to
any value without seeing the problem. Loglevel in slapd.conf is the same
as "-d" when running slapd at command line, correct? If so, then the
problem seems to be related to writing to syslog file in particular.

Simon

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Engineer Zimbra, Inc -------------------- Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration