Re: why syncrepl doesn't work ???

--On June 12, 2007 10:29:10 AM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

--On June 12, 2007 11:47:57 AM -0400 Sam Tran <stlist@gmail.com> wrote:

On 6/12/07, Jeronimo Zucco <jczucco@ucs.br> wrote:
    Hi, list.

    I'm trying to implement syncrepl in my openldap 2.3.35 without
sucess. I tryed many (I sed: MANY) times to slacat, slapadd to slave for
syn ldap servers, but for some reason with I don't know, the slave lost
the sync.

    Then I have to do the same thing ate night:

- stop ldap master;
- slapcat master
- slapadd on the slave;
- start master and start slave

Hi Jeronimo,

With syncrepl, you don't need to do a 'slapcat' on the master and
'slapadd' on the slave. Just start the master, then the slave. You
will see the slave doing a full sync.

His point is that replication works for a while, and then stops.  After
which the only way he can get it going again is to slapcat the master and
reload the slaves.  I.e., replication works for a while, and stops.
Restarting the slave, IIRC, does not restart replication. (I've discussed
this some with him on the #ldap channel on IRC).

Or maybe not, never mind. :P

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount