Re: server startup overhead

Eric Irrgang wrote:
Is there a way (with or without attaching a debugger) to find out what my IDL cache and DN cache is doing?

Using a debugger, set a breakpoint inside any of the backend functions. When the bdb pointer is set up, print out its data. The bdb->bi_cache structure records all the info about the entry cache. The bdb->bi_idl_* fields records the info about the IDL cache. In 2.4 some of these counters are exposed via back-monitor. We can add more to the monitor entry as needed.

--
  -- Howard Chu