Re: backend relay with empty suffix

Nikos Voutsinas wrote:
Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
With the relay,massage combination, slapd ends up looking for a non-existent
db key (only when searching is done through the real naming context)

What does this mean? If the virtual naming context is "" and you search using the real naming context, the virtual database shouldn't come into play at all.

I think I've tracked down the problem to this one:

When search is done against the real naming context, asking for hasSubordinates, slapd rewrites the searchDN/key to look for in BDB
in very odd (and obviously wrong) way. (see logs below)

Note that there is no problem when searches are done through the virtual naming context and when searches are done in the real naming context with the relay database in slapd.conf commented out.

I can't be sure if this is another side effect of the empty suffix in the virtual naming context, a new issue totally unrelated with the relay backend, or just a result of a faulty configuration (e.g. ACLs)

Should related to the same problem. I've fixed it in HEAD code, and I'm about to backport part of the fix to 2.3. I didn't check stuff like asking for hasSubordinates, but it appears to work as expected in HEAD (after the fix, I mean).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.