Re: used timezone

Frank Lohfeld wrote:
hello,

how can i changed that openldap used the systemtime from my server to store it as modifytimestamp?

You can't.

in this time, openldap used the gmt time but in germany we have gmt+1+summertime (gmt+2).

and my system get me not the gmt time, the system get me the actual local time and i want that openldap stored the local time. when he stored the gmt time (current status), we have problems with applications by search for entrys that changed in the last hour.

It is your application's responsibility to convert between local time and GMT when interacting with the directory.

Remember that LDAP is a wide area system, accessible from anywhere in the world. Storing local time in the directory would be meaningless for clients that don't understand your timezone's rules, but all computer systems know how to handle GMT.
--
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com