Re: LDAP/BDB log purging

On Thursday 01 March 2007, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> Norman Gaywood wrote, on 28. feb 2007 23:41:
> > On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 04:44:20AM +0100, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> >> FWIW the Red Hat RHAS4 db-4.2.52 installed as-is causes OpenLDAP to
> >> puke; I built and install my own rpms, patched to the hilt, and install
> >
> > I what way does this break on RHAS4?
>
> For my installs OL 2.3 complains about the environment; I'm not sure
> which - could be TXN - it's been such a long time ...
>
> > I'm currently testing a self compiled 2.3.34 openldap with the default
> > RH db4-4.2.52-7.1.
>
> Indeed, if one asks up2date to --get db4, this is the version you get.
>
> I should first try Buchan Milne's srpm if I were installing on
> RHAS/RHEL4 (which I in fact do).

On RHEL4, I build against the system db4, since it has all the relevant
patches (although, with early versions of 2.3, an additional patch was
required for the -q flags to work right, but it is no longer necessary).

Unfortunately RedHat doesn't provide any consistent method to determine
sufficient information about the version of RedHat you are building on (as
Mandriva does with %mdkversion), so people rebuilding the SRPM will probably
get a built-in copy (as you would also get on RHEL3 or older), unless you set
the %mdkversion macro to 1000 or higher.

[...]

> >> them with my own Cyrus SASL 2.2.22 rpms on any RHAS4 system I install.
> >> Buchan also builds his own discrete-sonamed db-4.2.52 stuff for his
> >> OpenLDAP 2.3 on systems where db-4.2.52 might give problems.

But, not RHEL4, which is what most of my production systems run.

Regards,
Buchan