[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: LDAP/BDB log purging
- Subject: Re: LDAP/BDB log purging
- From: Tony Earnshaw <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 05:46:25 +0100
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20070228224112.GA31856@lilith.cluster>
- References: <00da01c75acf$bf880100$a706000a@grpc011> <599700AE91D4DE7FEDDD7353@SW-90-717-287-3.stanford.edu> <00de01c75add$ed116180$a706000a@grpc011> <6BEB1C980D34E42785843164@SW-90-717-287-3.stanford.edu> <45E4FA94.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070228224112.GA31856@lilith.cluster>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 2.0b2 (X11/20070116)
Norman Gaywood wrote, on 28. feb 2007 23:41:
On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 04:44:20AM +0100, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
FWIW the Red Hat RHAS4 db-4.2.52 installed as-is causes OpenLDAP to
puke; I built and install my own rpms, patched to the hilt, and install
I what way does this break on RHAS4?
For my installs OL 2.3 complains about the environment; I'm not sure
which - could be TXN - it's been such a long time ...
I'm currently testing a self compiled 2.3.34 openldap with the default
Indeed, if one asks up2date to --get db4, this is the version you get.
I should first try Buchan Milne's srpm if I were installing on
RHAS/RHEL4 (which I in fact do).
The changelog for db4-4.2.52-7.1 includes changes that seem to have been
talked about in this thread:
* Tue Jun 08 2004 Jeff Johnson <email@example.com> 4.2.52-4
- remove dangling symlinks (#123721 et al).
- remove db_cxx.so and db_tcl.so symlinks, versioned equivs exist.
- apply 2 patches from sleepycat.
A couple of or 4 symlinks (not these) were wrong in Red Hat's rpm and I
fixed those in my rpm. It didn't cause any harm in practice, but
ldconfig complained each time it was run.
As for the patches, there could have been 2 in 2004, then there were
later 4 and I think the latter have since been condensed into a single
patch, which I apply. I also apply Quanah's bdb-transactions.patch,
which is most likely redundant now. Buchan applies 4 Sleepycat patches
to his OL 2.3 rpms.
It's not possible to go to Sleepycat's site and find out any longer,
since Oracle's taken the thing over and messed everything up. I can't
get at 4.2.52 any more.
- resurrect db4-java using sun jvm-1.4.2.
- cripple autoconf sufficiently to build db4-java with gcj, without jvm.
- check javac first, gcj34 next, then gcj-ssa, finally gcj.
- add ed build dependency (#125180).
them with my own Cyrus SASL 2.2.22 rpms on any RHAS4 system I install.
Buchan also builds his own discrete-sonamed db-4.2.52 stuff for his
OpenLDAP 2.3 on systems where db-4.2.52 might give problems.
As for the Cyrus SASL stuff, I need it built with Howard's ldapdb and
the standard build doesn't do that, one has to tell it to.
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl