Re: LDAP/BDB log purging

Norman Gaywood wrote, on 28. feb 2007 23:41:

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 04:44:20AM +0100, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
FWIW the Red Hat RHAS4 db-4.2.52 installed as-is causes OpenLDAP to puke; I built and install my own rpms, patched to the hilt, and install

I what way does this break on RHAS4?

For my installs OL 2.3 complains about the environment; I'm not sure which - could be TXN - it's been such a long time ...

I'm currently testing a self compiled 2.3.34 openldap with the default
RH db4-4.2.52-7.1.

Indeed, if one asks up2date to --get db4, this is the version you get.

I should first try Buchan Milne's srpm if I were installing on RHAS/RHEL4 (which I in fact do).

The changelog for db4-4.2.52-7.1 includes changes that seem to have been
talked about in this thread:

* Tue Jun 08 2004 Jeff Johnson <jbj@jbj.org> 4.2.52-4
- remove dangling symlinks (#123721 et al).
- remove db_cxx.so and db_tcl.so symlinks, versioned equivs exist.
- apply 2 patches from sleepycat.

A couple of or 4 symlinks (not these) were wrong in Red Hat's rpm and I fixed those in my rpm. It didn't cause any harm in practice, but ldconfig complained each time it was run.

As for the patches, there could have been 2 in 2004, then there were later 4 and I think the latter have since been condensed into a single patch, which I apply. I also apply Quanah's bdb-transactions.patch, which is most likely redundant now. Buchan applies 4 Sleepycat patches to his OL 2.3 rpms.

It's not possible to go to Sleepycat's site and find out any longer, since Oracle's taken the thing over and messed everything up. I can't get at 4.2.52 any more.

- resurrect db4-java using sun jvm-1.4.2.
- cripple autoconf sufficiently to build db4-java with gcj, without jvm.
- check javac first, gcj34 next, then gcj-ssa, finally gcj.
- add ed build dependency (#125180).

them with my own Cyrus SASL 2.2.22 rpms on any RHAS4 system I install. Buchan also builds his own discrete-sonamed db-4.2.52 stuff for his OpenLDAP 2.3 on systems where db-4.2.52 might give problems.

As for the Cyrus SASL stuff, I need it built with Howard's ldapdb and the standard build doesn't do that, one has to tell it to.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl