Re: [ldap] Re: Announce: Net-LDAPapi version 2.00 released

Zitat von Jan-Piet Mens <jpm@retail-sc.com>:

On Fri Feb 09 2007 at 11:18:32 CET, Howard Chu wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>A new release of Net::LDAPapi module is now available for Perl via CPAN.
>This release includes compilation against OpenLDAP libraries from
>version 2.1 forward.  It now supports LDAPv3, including SASL binds.

Great, glad to see this finally making it back out to the world.

So am I: as you have also noted below, it is much faster than Net::LDAP.

><http://search.cpan.org/~mishikal/Net-LDAPapi-2.00/>

It appears to use deprecated calls to OpenLDAP. Defining LDAP_DEPRECATED as 0 or 1 has no effect for me. A `make test' produces

Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/Net/LDAPapi/LDAPapi.so' for module \
Net::LDAPapi: blib/arch/auto/Net/LDAPapi/LDAPapi.so: undefined symbol:\
ldap_value_free at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm \
line 230. at test.pl line 11

I also just downloaded the module file and got exact the same error with "make test" here (testing on SLES10). (i omitted the error messages ase the are already listed above)

Any suggestions?

-- Markus Krause email: krause@biochem.mpg.de Mogli-Soft: Support for Mac OS X, Webmail/Horde, LDAP, RADIUS by order of the Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry Tel.: 089 - 89 40 85 99 Fax.: 089 - 89 40 85 98

     This message was sent using https://webmail2.biochem.mpg.de
If you encounter any problems please report to rz-linux@biochem.mpg.de