Re: OpenLDAP issues when connecting over SSL

Hi

On 1/22/07, Kurt D. Zeilenga <Kurt@openldap.org> wrote:
Given other clients seem to work well using ldaps://,
it seems more likely that this particular client is
not properly configured or is otherwise flawed.

Unfortunately, I have no play on how to configure this client as this is one major one ! Actually, two quite common do not work with OpenLDAP over SSL :( But they will work fine over a non encrypted link

I guess that the client is configured to use ldap://server:636
not ldaps://server:636.
That was my guess also.
I there anything I can do on the server side to get over the flaw of
broken clients ?

Thank you
Jean-Yves