Re: Slapadd Problem

Ted Johnson wrote:
Hi;
I ran the following command:

# slapadd -b dc=example,dc=com -l urls.ldif -f slapd.conf -d 1

Here is what I think is the relevant output:

>>> dnPrettyNormal: <cn=log>
<<< dnPrettyNormal: <cn=log>, <cn=log>
>>> dnPrettyNormal: <uid=root,cn=log>
<<< dnPrettyNormal: <uid=root,cn=log>, <uid=root,cn=log>
bdb_db_init: Initializing BDB database
>>> dnPrettyNormal: <dc=example,dc=com>
<<< dnPrettyNormal: <dc=example,dc=com>, <dc=example,dc=com>
>>> dnPrettyNormal: <cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com>
<<< dnPrettyNormal: <cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com>, <cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com>
>>> dnPrettyNormal: <cn=log>
<<< dnPrettyNormal: <cn=log>, <cn=log>

...and here is the complaint:

slapadd: slap_init no backend for "dc=example,dc=com"
I don't think "-d 1" is going to give you any relevant output; on the contrary, it's going to clobber real issues behind tons of useless DN normalization and so. Did you read any documentation about logging? The errors you show would have appeared even with "-d none". Usually, you should run commands with as little logging as possible (e.g. "-d none") and only in case of error add log levels that make sense. Then, since that message only makes sense if there's a discrepancy between your data and your configuration, posting both would have helped helping you.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.n.c.