Re: hi, question about slapd.d configuration changed on the fly

Tony Earnshaw wrote:
cosmih wrote:

[...]

how can i make this access rule to be used on the fly ( from administrator's guide: The LDAP configuration engine allows all of slapd's configuration options to be changed on the fly, generally without requiring a server restart for the changes to take effect)

s/all/one or two/

I'd guess that the passage you quote (and it _is_ correct) was written for a future version of OpenLDAP. For us, simply being able to change olcLogLevel on the fly with gq's 'point 'n click' has been one huge godsend.

Where are you getting this "one or two" stuff? Everything can be set dynamically. All means all.

The original poster obviously missed the point that the *LDAP* configuration engine is driven by *LDAP*. I.e., changes are accomplished using ldapmodify, not by editing any files.

--
  -- Howard Chu