hi, question about slapd.d configuration changed on the fly

hi,

i use the last version of openldap (2.3.30, compiled by hand) and i try to implement an "slapd.d" configuration

first i made my slapd.conf file and after that i start ldap server with "slapd -f slapd.conf -F slapd.d" command

after that in slapd.d directory i have an cn=config.ldif file and a directory cn=config .... in this directory i have olcDatabase={2}bdb.ldif for my ldap base

on second start of ldap server i used this command "/path/to/slapd -F /path/to/slapd.d"
if i modify some access rules on this file i must to restart slapd to view that this new access rules are used ....

how can i make this access rule to be used on the fly ( from administrator's guide: The LDAP configuration engine allows all of slapd's configuration options to be changed on the fly, generally without requiring a server restart for the changes to take effect)

thanks