[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: ports/105585: OpenLDAP should not be linked with BDB 4.3
- To: Dave Horsfall <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: ports/105585: OpenLDAP should not be linked with BDB 4.3
- From: Howard Chu <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:32:35 -0800
- Cc: OpenLDAP Software List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20061116104434.H41163@mippet.ci.com.au>
- References: <20061116104434.H41163@mippet.ci.com.au>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061109 Netscape/7.2 (ax) Firefox/1.5 SeaMonkey/1.5a
Dave Horsfall wrote:
Can someone please provide a succint response that I can relay in turn?
They refuse to listen to reason.
Two things: slapd is known to crash in various ways when using BDB 4.3
under heavy load. Also, there was no database format change between BDB
4.3 and 4.4. There was a logfile format change though, so you'll want to
have a full checkpoint and remove all the obsolete log files.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 23:42:07 GMT
From: Xin LI <delphij@FreeBSD.org>
To: email@example.com, delphij@FreeBSD.org, delphij@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/105585: OpenLDAP should not be linked with BDB 4.3
Synopsis: OpenLDAP should not be linked with BDB 4.3
State-Changed-When: Wed Nov 15 23:41:22 UTC 2006
Have you ever hit a bug with the current linkage? The
change would require a user to dump and re-import their
database, so I need some evidence that BDB 4.3 is causing
problem before I can make a change.
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc
OpenLDAP Core Team http://www.openldap.org/project/