Re: OpenLDAP configured for TLS not listenting on port 636

Dieter,

The quotes are for the shell so that "ldap:/// ldaps:///" are not broken into two hunks by shell. They won't show up in a "ps" command because they're not passed (and aren't supposed to be passed) to slapd. Thanks to some help from Geert Van Muylen, I found the source of the problem in the startup script and fixed it. It will take me a while to actually understand the failure mechanism, but since I could pinpoint it, I was able to successfully work around it.

-- Rob