Re: slapd, bdb, 32-bit -> 64-bit

On 16. okt. 2006, at 00.04, Howard Chu wrote:

Frode Nordahl wrote:
We are running OpenLDAP in a distributed environment where every server has a local copy of the LDAP database for performance and reliability reasons. The database is 6 GB, so it is non-trivial export it to LDIF and import it again on the 64-bit systems. (It takes way too long).

If this is taking too long, then you're doing something wrong. With OpenLDAP 2.3 and -q (quick mode) we can slapadd a 1 terabyte database in only 8 hours. Your 6GB database could be loaded in just 15 minutes or so.

Ok, thanks. I will revisit this problem and try to find out how fast we can make it go, and see if it is sufficient for disaster recovery and adding of new systems.

Frode Nordahl