Re: How to migrate MS - Active Directory to Linux OpenLDAP

Do you plan to open source it? I mean your scripts!

On 10/4/06, Atom Powers <apowers@digipen.edu> wrote:
Raghu Ni wrote:
> Hi,
> We are trying into migrate from Active Directory to Open LDAP. But, we
> getting problems with Schema Attributes. Can any one help us in this ?

I haven't worked with AD in a number of years, but I did do a
large-scale migration to OpenLDAP this summer.

You have esentially two choices.
1. Write a schema that supports the AD attributes in OpenLDAP.
2. Write a script that converts the AD attributes to those used in the
standard OpenLDAP schemas. This is the route I took and my script ended
up being many hundreds of lines (in perl) and requires extensive
testing, as even the smallest mistake can prevent the data from getting

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--
Systems Administrator
DigiPen Institute of Technology
(425) 895-4443