Re: Setting limits on an ou, only

--On Thursday, August 31, 2006 8:10 AM -0700 Atom Powers <apowers@digipen.edu> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:44 PM -0700 Atom Powers
<apowers@digipen.edu> wrote:

It is possible to set limits on an ou that are different from the default limits?

I would like to set default limit of 1 entry returned, but I have an
application that needs to be able to get all data in my ou=people.

Yes, it is possible. Have you read the slapd.conf man page? <http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=slapd.conf&apropos=0&sek tion=0&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.3-Release&format=html>

   Specify    time  and  size  limits  based  on  who  initiated  an
          operation.  The argument who can be any of...

Sure, I can use that to set a limit for a user but this application needs to bind anonymously (or the equivalent of anonymous, since the credentials would have to be public).

I couldn't find anything in the limits directive that would let me
specify a part of the directory to set the limit on. Something like:
When searching the directory, return only 1 result.
Unless searching ou=people, then return all results.

Please keep replies to the list.

Sounds like an interesting problem, I don't know the solution to that one.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer