Re: simple bind ldapsearch invalid credentials

On 8/7/06, Cornelius Koelbel <cornelius.koelbel@gmx.de> wrote:
Hello,

i set up openldap 2.2.29 on FC4.
I guess everything is right, I can access and modify everyting with the
manager.
I setup an object
        cn=corny,ou=users,dc=az,dc=local

as follows:

        dn: cn=corny,ou=users,dc=az,dc=local
        objectClass: top
        objectClass: person
        cn: corny
        sn: corny

I want to have this person access to a subtree of the ldap.
        access to dn="ou=cornelius,ou=adressen,dc=az,dc=local"
                by dn="cn=corny,ou=users,dc=az,dc=local" write
But for now, I configured everything:
        access to *
                by dn="cn=corny,ou=users,dc=az,dc=local" write

Now I set a password and try to connect:

corny@schnuck:[/data/down]> ldappasswd  -x -D
"cn=Manager,dc=az,dc=local" -W -S  "cn=corny,ou=users,dc=az,dc=local"
New password:
Re-enter new password:
Enter LDAP Password:
Result: Success (0)

everything seems fine, but now:

corny@schnuck:[/data/down]> ldapsearch   -D
'cn=corny,ou=users,dc=az,dc=local' -W  -x -b 'dc=az,dc=local'
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

Whats wrong, where can I start to search?

If you added him with: dn: cn=corny,ou=users,dc=az,dc=local objectClass: top objectClass: person cn: corny sn: corny

Where would the password be stored?

Why don't you continue using the fedora tools (ldap*?) and ask them
for help setting up your system's auth to ldap.  Your openldap
install, as you said, seems to be working fine.