[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: slapadd: could not parse entry (line=13)
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: slapadd: could not parse entry (line=13)
- From: Moe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 11:31:20 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=0IAxlAPq6ch1gPV5fuBrlKwh/qcvhhY/Yi7Vw10WHUsZTN8Wmo9wBK4oQVVqWJ7n3Jj5DLqBBFy8raa0ZwfqoCSRG5+FG14MevQBOxtpE31r20DXIizKLtcuYNNQFxTKSRg9Px6vlB+mJ7hvFCW1AuLzCYtahP3jJrGVtLOXj7U= ;
- In-reply-to: <44D76FFA.email@example.com>
Ok I just tried slapadd and didn't complain and i was able to import the entries.
This is weird, I didn't do any change, same openldap version, same box , same ldif file. It just decided to work by itself.
Howard Chu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Removing operational attributes will stop my program from working.
> I need another alternative
> If im successfull importing the ldif file to the 2.3.20 version, maybe i can
> export an ldiff file from this version and try to importing it to the 2.3.24
> Is there some other workaround ?
Run the slapadd with debug enabled and see what the actual problem is.
> Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Saturday, August 05, 2006 12:44 PM -0700 Moe wrote:
>> I checked line 13 in my ldif file, it's a space. Please check below
>> first two entries in my ldiff file. When i removed the space following
>> the first entry, slapadd complained about the next space following the
>> second entry. Again this is happening with berkeley db-4.4.20 with
>> openldap 2.3.24.
>> I have another box running same berkeley db(4.4.20) with openldap
>> 2.3.20 and i was able to import the same ldiff file successfully. slapadd
>> did not complain. The only difference between the two boxes is the
>> kernel version and openldap version. Looks to me it's something to do
>> with openldap 2.3.24.
> Yes, the line number indicates that the problem is with the entry before
> that line. So you need to look at the entry above line 13. Out of
> curiosity, is this the same LDIF file that you dumped from OpenLDAP 2.2.26?
> You may want to remove all the operational attributes before adding the
> LDIF file, as the 2.2 format may not be compatible with the 2.3 format for
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc
OpenLDAP Core Team http://www.openldap.org/project/
Do you Yahoo!?
Get on board. You're invited to try the new Yahoo! Mail Beta.