Re: Problem with LDAP server on SLES9

Andreas Hasenack said the following on 2/8/06 16:57:
> On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 03:19:30PM +0200, Jakob Breivik Grimstveit wrote:
>> slapcat hangs when I try running it while the LDAP server is not
>> running, has to be breaked to stop. strace of that is here:
>> <http://www.starshipping.com/~jakobbg/slapcat.txt>. Slapd.conf:
>> <http://www.starshipping.com/~jakobbg/slapd.conf.txt>
>> Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
> You should probably run a DB recovery tool on the database directory. Something
> like:
> db_recover -v -h /path/to/database/environment
> Pay attention to the version of the db_recover tool: it has to match the one
> openldap is using.

Thanks, this was the way to solve it. I was really afraid I had lost
some user data, and will now look into hourly exports with snapshots
:-). Thank you very much everyone who answered me.

So this problem is fixed in 2.3-versions of OpenLDAP? I'm planning to
stick to the version SLES9 delivers, but I assume SLES10 (out now, don't
delay, your call is important to us) will have the newer version available.

The problem is solved. Thank you very much once again!

Jakob Breivik Grimstveit, http://grimstveit.no/jakob