Re: Problem with LDAP server on SLES9

Andreas Hasenack said the following on 2/8/06 16:57:
> On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 03:19:30PM +0200, Jakob Breivik Grimstveit wrote:
>
>> slapcat hangs when I try running it while the LDAP server is not
>> running, has to be breaked to stop. strace of that is here:
>> <http://www.starshipping.com/~jakobbg/slapcat.txt>. Slapd.conf:
>> <http://www.starshipping.com/~jakobbg/slapd.conf.txt>
>>
>> Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
>>

> You should probably run a DB recovery tool on the database directory. Something
> like:
>
> db_recover -v -h /path/to/database/environment
>
> Pay attention to the version of the db_recover tool: it has to match the one
> openldap is using.

Thanks, this was the way to solve it. I was really afraid I had lost
some user data, and will now look into hourly exports with snapshots
:-). Thank you very much everyone who answered me.

So this problem is fixed in 2.3-versions of OpenLDAP? I'm planning to
stick to the version SLES9 delivers, but I assume SLES10 (out now, don't
delay, your call is important to us) will have the newer version available.

The problem is solved. Thank you very much once again!

--
Jakob Breivik Grimstveit, http://grimstveit.no/jakob