Re: rewrite insight needed

"Dieter Kluenter" <dieter@dkluenter.de> writes:

> Hi,
> I am still elaborating on
> http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200607/msg00250.html
>
> When running back-ldap and proxycache without rwm overlay, all
> cachable results are cached as expected, that is, my problem should be
> rwm-suffixmassage. If I understand man slapo-rwm corrrect, the defalut
> rewrite rule for suffixmassage is
>
> rwm-rewriteRule "(.+,)?<virtualnamingcontext>$"
> "$1<realnamingcontext>" ":"
>
> That is, this rule is applied only once. Does this mean that in a
> substring search, this rule is only applied to the first result but
> not to consecutive results? Should I omit the action flag ':' in a
> rewrite rule?

I just grabbed an old disk with SuSE-9.0 and an old HEAD
installed, it is:
monitoredInfo: @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.X (Apr  8 2005 21:10:12) $

After copying my slapd.conf to this old disk and starting slapd, I
found that all substring searches where cached and answered
properly. The question is now, what changes were made to rwm in the
last 15 month?

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung