HDB Production Usage

-- From: Re: OpenLdap DB size difference after slapcat and slapadd. --
> I'd note that LDBM is not recommended for use, and if you are in the
> process of upgrading (hopefully to 2.3.24), then you should really
> consider
> updating your database backend to BDB or HDB.  I've not seen database
> fragmentation be an issue with those backends, either.

We are currently in the process of planning a similar upgrade from the oh-so-evil LDBM at the moment, and I have recommended using BDB as a backend.  I did look into HDB, and while it looks better than BDB on all fronts [1], I did not recommend it's usage simply on the basis that it's considered 'experimental' [2].

My question to the list is: What are you experiences with HDB?  Is it still experimental?  Has anyone used it for an extended period of time in a production environment?  Is there a roadmap anywhere outlining when it's expected to be stable?

Thanks,
Mark McDonald

[1] http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200304/msg00112.html
[2] http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/756.html