Re: Configure options for portable install

On 7/3/06, Peter DSouza <pdsouza@esri.com> wrote:

By default, the configure->make->make install steps create a
distribution with the absolute prefix path (specified by -prefix) burnt
into many of the binaries.  Is there a way to configure the software so
that the generated openldap system can be easily copied to and run on
another machine (after modifying the conf files), without needing to run
the same series of steps again?   The location where this distribution
could be copied to would vary from machine to machine.

I move my stuff around all the time without problems. What specific path failures are you seeing?