[Date Prev][Date Next]
Dn without suffix in ldapsearch query
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Dn without suffix in ldapsearch query
- From: Prachi Sonalkar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 12:19:01 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=UqLqSKIu+43A/zFc6FWaGpKe0Z07qQuCwepSOiAeVmMMbC2V/PHJKecLr1pjDMIGi4uJV70sMBi7qhuIMrv6gjt64WZSrIFpT9RBOV4efCdzuLRA05vvHvXTanNEJ3X9mLtLpIYp74ypLeK6k7T1EheNkgy1IBw7YPsFtc/JlKs= ;
For a suffix "o=organization,c=US"
Is there a way to be able to execute
ldapsearch -x -D "cn=manager" -w xxxx < search filter>
instead of providing a complete binddn:
"cn=manager,o=organization,c=US" in the ldapsearch
Is there a configuration setting available for this?
Currently, if I try to do it, it won't work, since dn
does not contain the suffix, so it says "no global
superior knowledge" and does not understand where to
look for, which makes sense.
But i need to be able to execute the query as
Thanks in advance for any help