Re: Re : Trace the change on the directory

What makes you think that the "overlay unique" will trace changes in the
directory?

What makes you think that "/usr/local/openLdap2.3.18/trace" will do
anything whatsoever in slapd.conf? If you read the slapo-auditlog man
page, you will see that there is a named configuration option; a file name
sitting by itself is useless in slapd.conf.

Perhaps the slapo-auditlog could stand for a minor revision: "the overlay
directive" refers to "overlay auditlog" in slapd.conf, not "overlay
unique" nor any other "overlay" directives you may have floating around.
As a rule, slapo-$FOO refers to "overlay $FOO" in slapd.conf.