Bind dn connection

Hi all,
I am currently setting up LDAP server user Openldap,
and I need to specify few bind dns, specific to
various sevice applications in the organization.
I need to also set up a limit on number of bind dn
connections, which I am not aware how to do (I tried
to dig in through the Openldap FAQs)
I tried to configure ldap.conf with bind dn and bindpw
values as follows:
domain  company.com
server  company.com:389
BASE    dc=company,dc=com
binddn  "cn=service1,dc=company,dc=com"
bindpw  password

but the specified bind dn and password are not
accepted to establish a bind to the LDAP server.
The idea is to enable authorized services establish a
persistent bind connection with the LDAP server; and
also limit the number of such bind connections at LDAP
end.

Has someone tried this, and can suggest me what is
going wrong?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
PS.