Re: Building C++ sdk on Solaris 9

On 5/30/06, Peter DSouza <pdsouza@esri.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I've tried to find a good solution online for the problem below, but
haven't been successful.  I'm trying to build the C++ SDK that comes
with OpenLDAP 2.3.23.  The "make" command returns an error that comes
from autoheader -

autoheader: WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h',
`config.h.bot'
autoheader: WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for
`config.h.in'autoheader: WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
autoheader: WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template
without
autoheader: WARNING: `acconfig.h':
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_FUNC_MAIN], 1,
autoheader:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced,
see the
autoheader: WARNING: documentation.
configure.in:22: /usr/local/bin/m4: ERROR: Reading inserted file: No
such file or directory
autom4te: /usr/local/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
autoheader: /usr/local/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 1

This is on Solaris 9.   I'm using autoheader 2.59.  Any help on this
front would be greatly appreciated.

I'd be glad to furnish any other details that may be needed to figure
this out.

Maybe you could be a little more specific about the steps you took. Did you run configure? If so, with which commands? What's your environment? What compiler are you using? etc, etc, etc. I've been building things successfully with solaris 8 and 10 for a while, and I'm sure other people on this list build with solaris 9 all the time.

_Matt